Sunday, November 6, 2011

So, I discovered Pinterest and it has me completely sucked in.  I’ve found so many ideas, from crafts to wardrobe to meals to make.  After ‘crafting’ some tissue paper flowers, complete with glitter, for my sisterloves, (word stolen from Kristy-it is perfect), last day of treatment, (wretched cancer), I realized that the crafting bug had me by the throat and I wasn’t done quite yet.
With our weather sitting happily in its transition phase, and me not knowing if I’ll be hot or cold one moment to the next, I decided it was time to break out my scarves.  Scarves are the best accessory ever.  Enter the t-shirt scarf.  I ran across this how-to, (on pinterest), and pinned it, thinking I could totally do that.  Today I gave it a shot.
Here is how I went about it:
Step one, find an old t-shirt, (or new), and cut off the top third.





And move on to step two:  add fringe along the bottom.  I started with a very Native American moccasin looking fringe and scaled down from there.



At this point I started thinking, why stop here?  Why not bling it out just a bit??  So I created my own steps:  fabric rosettes.
Step three, take a strip of fabric and tie it in a knot:



Moving on to step four, twist the fabric around the knot.  Fabric glue is helpful here, but I don’t have any and used a good old needle and thread to maintain order in my circle. 



I finished it off with a couple of beads.  Here’s a shot of the finished rosette:



And while I’m blinging, why not add some beads and bells to the fringe??  Step five, bling this baby out:



I didn’t go extreme with it, just enough to catch the eye…and hopefully make someone say, ‘I love your scarf! Where did you get it?’  Then  I can say, ‘why thank you, I made it myself!’  Finished product:



Hmmm, looks better on….



Yay, something new from something old!  Now I jingle a little when I walk…bonus J

No comments: